Monday, September 20, 2010

Moab,Utah




























































































Today was a workout. We left our boondock site in the desert (where the Navajo Indian sell their horsehair pottery and cedar-juniper berry jewelry. I got an anklet to ward off evil. Birdie bought one for Gretchen and Niki. We think they need it. Anyway we then traveled to Moab and went to the Arches National Park. Birdie told me to where my hiking boots and bring plenty of water. I did not know we were going to hike over 6 miles up a mountain to see the Arch. This is the Delicate Arch which is on the Utah license plate. As you can see in the pic, I almost died! The temp was 90 and the air thin and dry. I was ready to head back to Alaska. I was not sure I was going to make it but decided that I had already hiked 2/3 of the way and was not going to be denied the pleasure of seeing this amazing site. A @#$##%%#$ Rock! We only saw foreigners hiking, they must have been like us and not got the memo. Birdie thought they shut down the Toyota plant. We then drove a bit and are now soaking our feet and drinking cocktails.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to reach over and get Lou's tea that she left on the rocks. Well you could speak up just a little, very nice pictures. Be careful comming home, love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make that hike again and get a picture from a different angle please?

    ReplyDelete