Friday, June 18, 2010

Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage, Alaska
















We have been getting ready for our next leg of travels. We re-packed the motorcoach and did up every piece of laundry we could find. We also bought groceries. Yesterday we went to a 6 story mall in downtown Anchorage, ate chicken wings at a bar called the Peanut Farm, and went to Cook Inlet. We also went up to Arctic Valley which is a ski slope owned by the military. It is closed now but the view of the city from the area is spectacular. Here are some pics of the planes on the base for display. We are going to go fishing tonight. I heard my mom broke her wrist today and my thoughts are with her. She asked me yesterday on the phone how far I was from her. We are about 5,000 miles from home. Love to all . Louise and Birdie.

No comments:

Post a Comment