Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Anchorage, Alaska (civilization)
















We arrived at Ft. Richardson Army post this am. We ended up catching enough salmon to can 17 jars. I borrowed a pressure cooker from mom before heading to Alaska. After talking with salmon canners we met along the way I learned that it is very important to process the fish correctly. Anyway $229.00 later, we ended up buying a new pressure cooker. The one I got from mom was lets just say older than dirt. Ha, sorry mom but I could not find a seal and I did not think botulism was a nice present to give to friends and family when we return. We met some really nice people Treba and Hal, Max and Jeanne, Dennis and Sheri. Happy hour was whenever the mood hit and fishing was right out the front door. I am downloading pictures we took from this past week that I could not download berfore. We have several adventures planned this week from anchorage. Sooo, enjoy the adventure with us. Terry here are some more mountain pics with glaciers we walked on on the way to Valdez. This was Worthington Glacier. I found some more specks of gold in the glacier rocks. See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment