Thursday, May 20, 2010

Great Falls Montana
















Well, we are here getting ready to cross the border. We have to mail off the handguns from here to Tok, Alaska because they are not allowed in Canada. We are at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great Falls, Mt. We are the only ones at the Fam/Camp. I guess it is a little early. We ran through 60 mph wind gusts through the mountain pass. It was snowing in the mountains but we are at about 50's. I have a pic of the map so you can see how far it is from Chobee. I put checks on the places we stayed. So far our nextels don't work, but we carry a verizon phone which has worked well. Also we have been able to get internet access by using our verizon air card. We also have satellite TV and radio.





But, I guess in Alaska the comforts of home will be gone. We plan on taking the zodiac boat out for fishing trips and charting some trips also. I have 100 jars and a pressure cooker I got from mom to can the salmon. Put your bids in early for a can. The first 10 requests will get a jar of salmon. We are also going to go hiking and pan for gold. Oh yeah I forgot the quick trip to Hawaii. We can take a hop from Anchorage, Fairbanks, or at Travis Air Force base for free. sooo we might as well take advantage of the opportunity. Love to all, Louise and Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment